The Problem with Posture and Balance
Abnormal posture and balance can lead to discomfort, reduced quality of life, and increased fall risk (Salzman, B. (2010). Gait and balance disorders in older adults. Am Fam Physician, 82(1), 61-68). Falls are costly for insurance providers, hospitals, and patients. In fact, fall accidents can cost an average of $34,294 per patient ("Falls Cost U.S. Hospitals $34 billion in Direct Medical Costs." Johns Hopkins Under the Dome April 2015 Edition).
Calibrace+ offers an easily implemented solution
The Calibrace has two main components; the front apron and the tension system. The front apron provides compression of the torso relieving lower back pain. The patent pending tension system lifts the shoulders up and back, improving posture and balance. The brace is lightweight, breathable and discreet. Users can wear the brace under or over clothing and during exercise if desired.
The Calibrace+ is Prescribed by Physicians Around the Nation
Doctors have prescribed the Calibrace+ at the following hospitals:
- Mayo Clinic
- Barrow Neurological Institute
- Allegheny General Hospital
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
- VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- VA Philadelphia Healthcare System
- VA Denver Healthcare System
Examples of insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
How to Prescribe
General Guideline for Insurance Coverage:
Medicare and most commercial insurance plans provide payment for the Calibrace+. The Calibrace+ is coded under HPCCS code L0457. Must document the need for the Calibrace+ in the patient's medical records using one of the following ICD-10 codes and descriptions:
To request an insurance payment evaluation call 855-379-6283 or fax the following information to 844-335-8496:
- Insurance information, i.e. copy of the patient insurance card (front and back)
- Patient demographic information, i.e. name, phone, DoB, diagnosis, permission to contact, etc.
- Physicians order, prescription, and treatment note
NOTE: The guidelines above are general and do not assure payment.